Below is the institutional directive reshaped by the policy toolbox of the Open DOAR, The Directory of Open Access Repositories.
for types of document and data set held
- This is an institutional repository.
- Archive ouverte UNIGE is restricted to:
- Research papers (pre- and postprints)
- Books, chapters and sections
- Doctoral theses, privat-docent theses, masters of advanced studies and masters
- Conference and workshop papers
- Unpublished reports and working papers
- Papers are individually tagged with their publication status (availabality).
- Principal languages of documents : Turkish and English
for information describing items in the repository
- Anyone may access the metadata free of charge.
- The metadata may be re-used in any medium without prior permission for not-for-profit purposes and re-sold commercially provided the OAI Identifier or a link to the original metadata record are given.
for full-text and other full data items
- Some unrestricted full items are available to anyone free of charge.
- Some restricted full items are available only to members of the UNIGE's community and may not be distributed to anyone.
- Some closed full items may be available only to their authors.
- Copies of full items generally can be:
- reproduced, displayed or performed, and given to third parties in any format or medium
- for personal research or study, educational, or not-for-profit purposes without prior permission or charge.
- the authors, title and full bibliographic details are given
- a hyperlink and/or URL are given for the original metadata page
- the content is not changed in any way
- Full items must not be sold commercially in any format or medium without formal permission of the copyright holders.
- Temporary restriction of accessibility (embargo) may exists for some items.
concerning depositors, quality and copyright
- Items may only be deposited by accredited members of the organisation, or their delegated agents.
- Authors may only submit their own work for archiving.
- The administrator only vets items for the eligibility of authors/depositors, relevance to the scope of Archive ouverte UNIGE, valid layout and format, and the exclusion of spam
- The validity and authenticity of the content of submissions is the sole responsibility of the depositor.
- Items can be deposited at any time, but will not enter the repository before validation by an authorized person.
- Items will not be made publicly visible until any publishers' or funders' embargo period has expired.
- Any copyright violations are entirely the responsibility of the authors/depositors.
- If Archive ouverte UNIGE receives proof of copyright violation, access to the relevant item will be restricted immediately.
- Items will be retained indefinitely.
- Archive ouverte UNIGE will try to ensure continued readability and accessibility.
- Items will be migrated to new file formats where necessary.
- Authors/depositors are required not to protect their document by a password in order to help the long term preservation and access.
- Where possible, software emulations will be provided to access un-migrated formats.
- Archive ouverte UNIGE regularly backs up its files according to current best practice.
- The original data stream is retained for all items, in addition to any upgraded formats.
- Items will not be removed from Archive ouverte UNIGE.
- In some cases, items may be withdrawn. Acceptable reasons for withdrawal include:
- Proven copyright violation or plagiarism
- Legal requirements and proven violations
- Falsified research
- Withdrawn items are not deletedper se, but are removed from public view.
- Withdrawn items' identifiers/URLs are retained indefinitely.
- URLs will continue to point to 'tombstone' citations, to avoid broken links and to retain item histories.
- Metadata may be corrected where appropriate.
- Changes to deposited items arenotpermitted.
- Errataandcorrigendalists may be included with the original record if required.
- If necessary, an updated version may be deposited.
- In the event of Archive ouverte UNIGE being closed down, the database will be transferred to another appropriate archive.